This KS2 English spelling quiz will challenge you on words ending in le, el and al. Are angels and angles the same? Hopefully your teacher has never asked you to measure the angels in a triangle! Many, many English words end in '-le' or 'el', and some end in '-al'. Knowing the difference will make your writing legible, sensible and easy to read.
Take these three words as an example: candle, panel and sandal. They all have the same-sounding end, but each one has a different spelling. There aren't any rules to follow for these words, so it's a case of learning them over and over until you know for sure how to spell them.
Get practising your spelling skills in this enjoyable picture quiz.
You can play every teacher-written quiz on our site for just £9.95 per month. Click the button to sign up or read more.
The Tutor in Your Computer!
Quiz yourself clever - try up to five free quizzes NOW
- Immediate access to our enormous library of thousands of quizzes
- Select the five quizzes most relevant to your studies
- All questions on curriculum and written by experienced teachers
- Replay any of your free quizzes to show your parents at any time
- No subscription commitment for free quiz players