This KS2 English quiz takes a first look at adverbs. Adverbs are words that change verbs, adjectives and other adverbs. Adverbs play several roles in English sentences. One of these is to modify (or change) the verb by making it more precise. For example, 'she stepped stealthily into the room' is not the same as 'she stepped suddenly into the room'. The adverbs, 'stealthily' and 'suddenly', alter the verb 'stepped' to create different effects.
Using adverbs can really improve your writing. As an example, using the adverb ‘angrily’ in this sentence - ‘He angrily kicked the ball’ - makes the reader want to read more to find out why he was angry.
See how well you can recognise adverbs by playing this quiz.
You can play every teacher-written quiz on our site for just £9.95 per month. Click the button to sign up or read more.
The Tutor in Your Computer!
Quiz yourself clever - try up to five free quizzes NOW
- Immediate access to our enormous library of thousands of quizzes
- Select the five quizzes most relevant to your studies
- All questions on curriculum and written by experienced teachers
- Replay any of your free quizzes to show your parents at any time
- No subscription commitment for free quiz players