Connectives / Conjunctions 01
This KS2 English quiz takes a look at connectives and conjunctions. Connectives and conjunctions are used to join ideas together. Using lots of simple sentences sounds choppy. Here's an example: 'I like toast. I really like toast with butter. I really like toast with honey. I don't like cold toast.' It would be much better to write: 'I like toast, especially with butter and honey, but I don't like it when it's cold.' Conjunctions, such as 'especially', 'and', 'but' and 'when', join ideas within a sentence. Connectives link ideas between different sentences.
When writing, try to use conjunctions and don’t just stick with ‘and’ all the time. Using conjunctions will bring your writing to life and enable it to flow more naturally.
Try to spot the connectives and conjunctions in this English quiz.
You can play every teacher-written quiz on our site for just £9.95 per month. Click the button to sign up or read more.
The Tutor in Your Computer!
Quiz yourself clever - try up to five free quizzes NOW
- Immediate access to our enormous library of thousands of quizzes
- Select the five quizzes most relevant to your studies
- All questions on curriculum and written by experienced teachers
- Replay any of your free quizzes to show your parents at any time
- No subscription commitment for free quiz players