This KS2 English quiz will challenge you on sentence openers. Using different words to start a sentence enhances your writing. Imagine if every sentence you read began in the same way: 'The day was rainy. The cat stayed indoors all day. The children were bored. The telephone rang...' You'd become bored too - and quickly! To avoid this, writers use a variety of different ways to start their sentences.
Always remember to read through your work before handing it in. This way, you can change words if you realise you've used the same one over and over again.
Take this English quiz to see how many different sentence openers you know.
You can play every teacher-written quiz on our site for just £9.95 per month. Click the button to sign up or read more.
The Tutor in Your Computer!
Quiz yourself clever - try up to five free quizzes NOW
- Immediate access to our enormous library of thousands of quizzes
- Select the five quizzes most relevant to your studies
- All questions on curriculum and written by experienced teachers
- Replay any of your free quizzes to show your parents at any time
- No subscription commitment for free quiz players