Spelling: Double Consonants
This KS2 English quiz will test your spelling of double consonants. Double consonants are two non-vowel letters together. Kettle, collar, shell, fizzle, dazzle. What do all of these words have in common? They are spelled with double consonants.
Consonants are letters which represent sounds you can only make by using your lips or your tongue. Try making the sound 'p' without your lips, or the sound 't' without your tongue.
When spelling words, it's important to know when to use a double consonant and when not to.
Take this enjoyable picture quiz to see how well you can spell words which use double consonants. Good luck!
You can play every teacher-written quiz on our site for just £9.95 per month. Click the button to sign up or read more.
The Tutor in Your Computer!
Quiz yourself clever - try up to five free quizzes NOW
- Immediate access to our enormous library of thousands of quizzes
- Select the five quizzes most relevant to your studies
- All questions on curriculum and written by experienced teachers
- Replay any of your free quizzes to show your parents at any time
- No subscription commitment for free quiz players