This KS2 English quiz takes a look at writing instructions. A written instruction is usually a direction or order. 'Take out your books', 'Underline the key words', 'Take the dog for a walk', 'Shut the door!' - you will be very familiar with instructions. Sometimes instructions need to be much longer than just one sentence, however. If you are telling someone how to do something a bit complicated, you might write it down in a set of instructions.
You will have no doubt come across a list of instructions, perhaps when using a recipe or when putting something together.
See how well you know the difference between instructions and other types of writing by trying this English quiz.
You can play every teacher-written quiz on our site for just £9.95 per month. Click the button to sign up or read more.
The Tutor in Your Computer!
Quiz yourself clever - try up to five free quizzes NOW
- Immediate access to our enormous library of thousands of quizzes
- Select the five quizzes most relevant to your studies
- All questions on curriculum and written by experienced teachers
- Replay any of your free quizzes to show your parents at any time
- No subscription commitment for free quiz players