Punctuation (Avoiding Comma Splicing) 01
Do not use 'comma splices' to link two sentences. Use a connective (conjunction) or a semi-colon, e.g. 'The school is big and it has two halls', not 'The school is big, it has two halls' - this is not good English!
Play this quiz to see how well you understand comma splicing.
You can play every teacher-written quiz on our site for just £9.95 per month. Click the button to sign up or read more.
This quiz is VERY hard because sometimes just one letter is wrong. Make sure you look at every letter to see if it is a capital!
The Tutor in Your Computer!
Quiz yourself clever - try up to five free quizzes NOW
- Immediate access to our enormous library of thousands of quizzes
- Select the five quizzes most relevant to your studies
- All questions on curriculum and written by experienced teachers
- Replay any of your free quizzes to show your parents at any time
- No subscription commitment for free quiz players