The metric system is based on decimal numbers: 10 mm = 1 cm, 100 cm = 1 m, 1,000 m = 1 km.
Decimal Numbers 3 (Medium)
Welcome to the third quiz in our Medium section of Eleven Plus maths quizzes on Decimal Numbers. If you have played the previous ones, then you should sail through this, armed with what you have already learned. We’ll ask you to convert decimals into fractions, and vice versa, and we’ll also see whether you know the rules when multiplying or dividing decimals by multiples of ten.
Here’s a recap:
- When dividing, move the decimal point to the left
- When multiplying, move the decimal point to the right
- If you divide/multiply by 10, move the decimal point one place to the left/right
- If you divide/multiply by 100, move the decimal point two places to the left/right
- If you divide/multiply by 1,000, move the decimal point three places to the left/right
Feeling confident? Then on with the quiz. Have fun!